IPC-A-610 is the most widely used electronics assembly standard in the world. A must for all quality assurance and assembly departments, IPC-A-610G illustrates industry-accepted workmanship criteria for electronics assemblies through detailed statements reflecting acceptable and defect conditions, supported by full-color photographs and illustrations. Additionally, wherever possible statements were modified to make readability easier and to enhance understanding — all without eliminating any requirements.
Some significant changes to 610G:
• The Standard Remains a Visual Quality Acceptance Standard
• In the General Section – Significant Changes Were Made to Various Topics
• Various Updates to Acceptance and Defect Classes Throughout the Standard
• Supported Holes – Solder Conditions – Meniscus in Solder
• Chip Components – Various End Cap Terminations
• Butt/I Connections Completely Revised – New Figures and Tables
• Surface Mount Area Array – Underfill/Staking
IPC-A-610 is invaluable for all inspectors, operators and trainers. The document synchronizes to the requirements expressed in other industry consensus documents and is most often used with the material and process standard IPC J-STD-001. Released October 2017.