IPC's J-STD-001 is recognized worldwide as the sole industry-consensus standard covering soldering materials and processes. This revision includes support for both traditional solder alloys and for lead-free manufacturing.
Whenever possible, the criteria descriptions have been adjusted to make them easier to understand for materials, methods and verification for producing quality soldered interconnections and assemblies.
Some Significant Changes to 001G:
• The "International Space Station Symbol" Replaces the "Space Shuttle Symbol" Throughout the Document
• General Section Scope and Purpose were Re-evaluated and Updated
• General Section New Section on Objective
• Improved language for ease of readability and understanding Throughout the Document
• Added Applicable International and Mil Documents
• Added New Figures and Requirements for Various Wire Configurations
• Added Criteria for various Surface Mount Components
• Provides a New Dimensional Table for Flat Unformed Leads
• Significant Changes Made to Product Assurance Section
The requirements for all three classes of construction are included. Full color illustrations are provided for clarity. This standard fully complements IPC-A-610G. Released October 2017.